This post is in collaboration with Finish.
I hate mess. Not a great thing when you’re a parent, and your kids make a lot of mess. When the house is tidy and clean, I feel calmer. I can focus better.
I also hate dinner time. I’ve written before about how this time of day basically does my head in. You’ve done the meal plan for the week so you’re not suddenly panicking in the afternoon and wondering what on earth you’re going to cook and then realise you haven’t defrosted the damn chicken, so everyone is going to be eating pasta with cheese. You’ve done the grocery shopping so you actually have all the ingredients for the meals you have every intention of preparing and cooking. You’ve then chopped and cooked the delicious* meal (*child thinks it tastes worse than worms), with the cranky toddler hanging off your leg, and presented the meal to your loving family.
You have visions of plates wiped clean by little fingers because the food just tastes so damn good. You have hopes that they’ll ask for seconds of the vegetables.
Actually, scrap all that. You know the little darlings won’t lick their plates clean and want seconds. They’ll pick at some of the food, then declare the rest to be not nice. Ah, ground hog day.
So now as well as the dishes and pots you used to prepare and cook the meal, you now have plates that still have leftover food on them, and somehow, despite the food not being eaten, it all got mushed on the plates…
Clean up time. In our house, my husband baths the kids and gets them ready for bed, while I clean up the kitchen. I’ve found I can get this done quickly and sneak a quiet five minutes of peace on the couch with a glass of wine while he’s kid wrangling 🙂 How do I get this done so quickly? My favourite kitchen helper – my dishwasher. I love my dishwasher. Take away every other appliance in the kitchen if you have to, but leave my dishwasher! Everything gets a quick scrape and popped straight in, no rinsing. Load it up, chuck in the Finish Quantum Max dishwasher tablet, turn the dishwasher on, give the bench a spray and wipe down and voilà! Kitchen sorted. I’m not going to spend ages scrubbing plates, pots and pans at the sink, or having to wash everything again when it comes out of the dishwasher because the tablet hasn’t worked. There is nothing worse than stacking the dishwasher, giving yourself a high-five and thinking the job is being done for you, and then the dishes are still dirty and have food stuck on them when you unstack them later!
I’ve got some Finish Quantum Max dishwasher tablets to giveaway to one of my followers. You can pop your feet up for a bit, or as long as you can before your kids start yelling, and not have to worry about the dishes. If you’d love to have super sparkly clean dishes and relax instead of scrubbing away in the kitchen, let me know by commenting:
Apart from a dishwasher, what is your favourite kitchen helper that makes your life easier?
Make sure you’re following Life, kids and a glass of red on Facebook for extra giggles and snippets of silliness!
Linking up with Essentially Jess for #IBOT.
Terms and conditions of entry:
- Entry opens at 7.30am AEDT 27 October 2015, and closes at 7.30pm AEDT 10 November 2015.
- Entries only open to Australian residents.
- Give away is based on skill. Entry is via leaving a comment to the question above on this blog post.
- A valid email address must be included in your entry so I can contact you if you have won. Your email address won’t be shared with anyone.
- One entry per person.
- The decision on the winner is final.
- If after contacting the winner by email, the winner does not respond within four days, another person will be contacted for the prize.
- The prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- The prize will be sent to you by a third party and will not be replaced in the event it is stolen, lost or damaged in transit.
- Life, kids and a glass of red accepts no responsibility for prizes sent by the promoter.