*This post is in collaboration with Dreambaby®
This time of year, it’s getting pretty damn hot around Australia.
Traditionally, you’d see towels sticking out of the top of car windows, parents desperate to provide some sort of shade in the car for the kids on longer journeys. Then along came the window sock covers. Kind of like a huge shade cloth bag that had been slipped over one of the entire rear passenger windows.
Both served a purpose and kind of did the job. But both also posed an issue with visibility for the driver.
I don’t know about you, but I’ve tried the towel covering the rear passenger window in the hopes it will help the baby to go to sleep while we’re driving. But more often than not, the flapping noise from that edge of towel sticking out the window just annoyed me. Plus the towel completely blocked my vision from that window.
DIY car window shade. Good luck checking your blind spot while driving with that.
Friends of mine tried the window sock, desperate for a solution to help their baby sleep when they were out driving. Until one day they almost pranged their car because the window sock they had blocked the driver’s view out of the rear passenger window.
Now though, there is a new option – the Dreambaby® Adjusta-Car Shade® Stretch-It, Shape-It, Fit-It.
Unlike some other car window shades, this brand new product fits to any size car window. It has a suction cup attachment in each corner of the shade, and it can be stretched to up to double its size. You could even use it across the rear window of your car if you drive a sedan, giving the kids in the back seat a bit of shade.
We used to use two traditional suction cup car shades to cover our toddler’s car window, only to have him pull one of them off and then end up with the sun streaming into his face. Cue yelling from toddler. Wasn’t going for a drive supposed to be relaxing?!
The Dreambaby® Adjusta-Car Shade® Stretch-It, Shape-It, Fit-It is a heavier weave window shade, giving you enough block out from the sun to make it easier for your baby or toddler to fall asleep, but it doesn’t obscure the driver’s vision. Note though that it doesn’t offer UPF 50+ sun protection.
Dreambaby® Adjusta-Car Shade® Stretch-It, Shape-It, Fit-It
The suction cup attachments are pretty strong once you have stuck them to the window. Our toddler is notorious for trying to undo / untie things, but he wasn’t able to pull off the suction cap closest to his hands! Happy with that!
You can pick up a two-pack for a RRP of $19.95. Check here for details of where you can buy them.
We also tried out the Dreambaby® Insta-Cling Car Shades which offer UPF 50+ sun protection. These are your traditional size and shape car window shades, but they don’t have any suction cup attachment – they use static cling! You just flip the shades open (they come folded nicely in a little carry bag for storage) and they stick to the car window. No suction cup marks left on the window. Perfect if you’re visiting family this Christmas holiday and borrowing their car 🙂
The Dreambaby® Insta-Cling Car Shades don’t have as dark a shade as the Adjust-Car Shade® Stretch-It, Shape-It, Fit-It, but they still reduce the glare coming through the car window quite a bit. This window cover was a hit with our seven year old as he was able to adjust and move it himself thanks to the static cling. He said he liked to “be able to control the sun”.
Happy kids in car = happy parents driving the car! The Dreambaby® Insta-Cling Car Shades sell for RRP $11.95.
Dreambaby® has kindly offered to give one of my awesome followers a Dreambaby® Adjusta-Car Shade® Stretch-It, Shape-It, Fit-It! I hope you love it as much as I love mine 🙂
Just comment below why you would love the Dreambaby® Adjusta-Car Shade® Stretch-It, Shape-It, Fit-It for your chance to win.
Terms and conditions of entry:
- Entry opens at 7.30am AEDT 15 December 2015, and closes at 7.30pm AEDT 29 December 2015.
- Prize is Dreambaby® Adjusta-Car Shade® Stretch-It, Shape-It, Fit-It, valued at $19.95.
- Entries only open to Australian residents.
- Give away is based on skill. Entry is via leaving a comment to the question above on this blog post.
- A valid email address must be included in your entry so I can contact you if you have won. Your email address won’t be shared with anyone.
- One entry per person.
- The decision on the winner is final.
- If after contacting the winner by email, the winner does not respond within four days, the giveaway will be redrawn and another person will be contacted for the prize.
- The prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- The prize will be sent to you by a third party in mid-January and will not be replaced in the event it is stolen, lost or damaged in transit.
- Life, kids and a glass of red accepts no responsibility for prizes sent by the promoter.
- For more information on the range of Dreambaby® products, check them out on Facebook.
*I was gifted the Dreambaby® products mentioned in this post to review, but all opinions are my own.
Linking up with Essentially Jess for #IBOT.