Our toddler has started a wonderful phase that I call Jekyll and Hyde syndrome. He can be full of smiles and laughter one moment, and the next, he hates everything and just runs around the house yelling. Delightful, really.
He can love a particular item for hours, even days, and then – its dead to him. Or he hates it with a burning passion. And the fun part is, you just don’t know when the love phase is going to end, and the cranky, feral phase begins.
Image credit: Hurrah For Gin
I’m trying to laugh at them though, as they are actually highly entertaining. They also provide a lot of material for me to keep and use for his 21st… Here are some things that have recently pissed him off and caused a thundercloud of a mood to hover over him:
- His fingers were wrinkly after his bath
- His brother also had toast for breakfast
- His zip was done up on his jumper
- The dogs were looking at him
- I wouldn’t let him touch the hot saucepan
- I told him the knives in the kitchen were sharp
- Playschool finished
- The rubbish truck drove down the street and away after it emptied our rubbish bin
- It was windy outside
- There were bananas in the fruit bowl
- His toast was cut into triangles
- The grated cheese melted on his pasta
The wrinkly fingers situation after his bath was hilarious. He was in a mood for about half an hour because of it. The filthy looks he was giving me about the wrinkly fingers was obviously his way of telling me it was all my fault. Obviously. When I tried to explain to him that everyone’s fingers will go wrinkly if they stay in the bath too long, he started yelling, as if to warn his brother to get out the water NOW and avoid a similar fate. A terrible thing, wrinkly fingers from a lovely bath.
But being pissed off about bananas being in the fruit bowl? What is with that?!
Lots more laughs to come from this toddler’s behaviour, I’m sure of that.
What have your kids done recently to make you laugh?
Do you have a toddler with Jekyll and Hyde syndrome?
Make sure you’re following Life, kids and a glass of red on Facebook for extra giggles and snippets of silliness!